Jeep Wrangler 2015
Updates are numerous on the 2015 Jeep Wrangler. Most of them involve the popular off-road vehicle's equipment. An all-new audio system with eight speakers is now standard on all models. Also standard is a Torx Tool Kit. This makes it easy to remove the Wrangler's rooftop, doors and even bumper caps.
Other changes to the Wrangler for the 2015 model year include:
· Five new exterior colors to choose from: Baja Yellow, Copper Brown, Firecracker Red, Sunset Orange and Tank
· Available premium Alpine audio system with nine speakers, amplifier and subwoofer
· Available Dueler Tire Package for the Wrangler Sport
· Freedom, Willys Wheeler and Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock special edition models
The 2015 Jeep Wrangler occupies a unique niche in the automotive market with its removable top and doors. This review covers the two-door Wrangler; the four-door Wrangler Unlimited is not part of the review.
Wrangler shoppers have three main trim levels to choose from. The Sport is the entry model into the lineup. Notable features include cruise control, a tilt-only steering wheel, a removable soft-top, and an eight-speaker audio system. The mid-level Sahara comes with larger wheels (18-in. alloys versus the Sport's 16-in. steel), AC, and a hard-top. The Rubicon is the top-level model. It's the most well-equipped Wrangler for off-road travel. A special Rock-Trac four-wheel drive system, a heavy duty front axle, and a front sway bar that disconnects on command are just some of the standard features found at this trim level.
As mentioned above, the Freedom, the Willys Wheeler and the Rubicon Hard Rock are special edition version of the 2015 Jeep Wrangler. They join the popular Wrangler Altitude and X. Some of the more interesting features these models bring include:
· The Connectivity Group, which is found standard on the Altitude, X and Willys Wheeler. This bundle adds hi-tech features like Bluetooth connectivity, voice command and a tire pressuring monitoring system
· Leather/mesh/tech fabric combinations for the upholstery
· Premium Alpine audio system
· Unique exterior and interior accents
All Jeep Wranglers are powered by a 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 rated at 285 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. Transmission is either a standard six-speed manual or optional five-speed automatic. Fuel economy, which is 17 mpg in the city and 21 mpg on the highway,* is the same regardless of transmission.
*All vehicle mileage based on 2015 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.